Science, Comics, Music, Humor!

T-Shirts for sale.

Buy my t-shirts

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Ten Perfect Albums

I've misplaced my i-pod while moving so till I get back on track with the 2007 list here is a different list.
A perfect album (LP) is hard to come by but here are ten of my favorite.


1) Palace Music )) Viva Last Blues

Not blues, not folk, not rock but everything.

2) Pere Ubu )) The Modern Dance

Unclassifiable and unbearable to be without.

3) Pavement )) Brighten the Corners

The blueprint to Indie rock, if only more people realized.

4) Funkadelic )) Maggot Brain

"We are back in our minds again" Dearest Funk, you confound my body but delight my soul!

5) Joe Jackson )) Look Sharp!

Pop at it's finest and (ahem) sharpest!

6) Elvis Costello & the Attractions )) Get Happy!!

20 love letters to soul music written as an apology for a insult Costello made about Ray Charles (if legends are to be believed!!)

7) James Brown )) Live at the Apollo [1963]

My first album and love.

8) Jets to Brazil )) Orange Rhyming Dictionary

It's just so near perfect it's better than perfect.

9) Pixies )) Surfer Rosa

The follow up to Come on Pilgrim, not as raw but just as much bite.

10) Frank Black )) Teenager of the Year

A perfect double album, how do you do it Frank Black Francis?

No comments: