Science, Comics, Music, Humor!

T-Shirts for sale.

Buy my t-shirts

Friday, May 05, 2006

Justin is a Jerk

For lending me five Volumes of Death Note!
I forced myself to read through the first two, which I hated outright! Being a glutton for punishment I began reading volume 3 and somewhere half-way through I began to enjoy it. I began to enjoy the ridiculousness of it all.

I still have problems with it,
the designs are too close to Yasushi Nirasawa reworking of Go Naga's Devilman..
the message is to Pro-Death penalty for me...
the characters speak and act in a phony way, till the pop star is added and she's just so over the top it's hyper-real...
it's a bit too jokey at times...
But
by the fourth volume I started to care about characters I was sure I would never care about!!!
you need hypercubes to diagram the characters thought process!!!
shinigami, who doesn't love shinigami (though my favorite are still from bleach.)
Aizawa quits the team, man tears, pure man tears!!!

6 comments:

Justin Fox said...

I don't know from Bleachers or Devilmans, so designs didn't bother me but I'm so with you on the mantears for Aizawa. That was devastating.

Above all else, though, I am a jerk.

Justin Fox said...

OH! Deadwood S2 May 23!!!

Marcos Perez said...

hey, how did you switch template and keep all your info? i was under impressions that if u switched u lost everything.

Designs like devilman make it cooler. Everyone got there influences!

Kenneth Belasco said...

I saved the old html as a text file and then replugged everything else. Youre right it does clear everything!

Kenneth Belasco said...

Did you know that the Red Hot Chile Peppers have a song for the Death Note movie.

Under the death note downtown that's where I drew some blood,

Justin Fox said...

deathnotifornication?